Saturday, January 23, 2010

Looking Forward

I often examine my life to look for the pitfalls I'm in, the walls I keep banging into and the undesirable habits I keep repeating. I've never been one to shy away from trying to improve myself. However, no self-improvement is truly possible without looking to God first. There is only so much I can do on my own and it is so insignificant compared to the changes Jesus can make within me. This last month I have been going through a time of planning; trying to carve out the hours and minutes in my days to get everything done. As I have been going through this process God has pressed upon me the importance of making more time for Him each day. I have had seasons with Him, similar to good friends coming and going into and out of my life, but He wants to have a place of permanence, as my children and husband do. I couldn't imagine a day where I didn't see my kids or husband and didn't looked forward to seeing them again, and God also needs to have that place in my life too! So, as I strive to schedule as many aspects of my life as possible I know that if God is not a part of it I will missing out on something really amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment