Monday, October 11, 2010

Apologia Live in Chicago

My dear friend, Jennifer, flew out from Washington to meet me in Chicago for the Apologia Live Conference in Chicago. It was a women's retreat for homeschooling moms. Our entire trip was amazing from start to finish. Even if there hadn't been a conference to go to spending time with Jennifer would have been worth it all on it's own. We had a fabulous time touring Chicago before and after the conference. The highlight of our time in the city was a walking tour of their Modern Skyscrapers. But, on Sunday we knew we couldn't go home without going to the top of Willis Tower (formally known as Sears Tower). It is the tallest building in the United States and your ears actually pop as you're going to the top because of the speed of the elevator. When we weren't sightseeing or at the conference we were talking nonstop until late into the night all three nights we were there. The conference was also incredible. I really didn't know what to expect, but I was inspired and rejuevenated throughout the conference. I realized towards the end that as homeschooling moms we aren't only impacting the hearts of our children, we're are also changing our hearts by being faithful to Christ's call on our lives. I had always looked at my role as an investment in the next generation, but now I realize that God is also changing my generation too.


1 comment:

  1. Hey - That's us!! You beat me to the posting! :) A trip I will NEVER EVER forget - one that changed me forever, with a great purpose. And yes, we are changing the next generation, but we are being changed at the same time, Thank you Lord! Now the question is, will I fly to Chicago again next year? Who else can I get to come with me? Or will I get Apologia to come to Seattle???

    (hey - and you used 'impacting' - HAHA!!!)

    ReplyDelete