Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Backyard

The kids LOVE their backyard. The swingset is perfect and they also have a blast running and rolling down the hill. It should be interesting when we get some snow. I think some sleds might be in our future. One thing we like about the backyards here are that there are no fences. As you can see in the picture, our neighbor's swingset is right behind ours. We really enjoy not having fences because it allows the kids to go wherever they want to. When all the neighborhood kids are out they have fun going from house to house and playing in the court.













AUDREY'S ATTEMPT TO BE LIKE THE BIG KIDS: The second or third day we were in the house I was unpacking the kitchen and looked out the window. Audrey was hanging from the monkey bars which are very high off the ground. It was going to be a long fall when she let go. I immediately panicked and quickly tried to figure out the fastest way to get to her. I thought that this house had a door off the garage, but quickly remember that it was our old house that had a door. So, I knew at that point my only option was the sliding glass door which had boxes piled in front of it. I squeezed past them and ran to her, thinking I was just in time. However, she seemed to have a pretty good grip, which surprised me, but I told her she can't ever do that again without mommy or daddy there. I think she realized that it wasn't a good idea either because she hasn't tried it since.

1 comment:

  1. what a blessing - that house sounds like it was made just for you!! So glad it has something for the kids to make it feel like home for them.

    Love and miss you all - Jenn

    ReplyDelete