Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ready, Set, Drive

Day 1: Lacey, WA to Boise, ID - We had fog throughout most of Washington and Oregon
Day 2: Boise, ID to Cheyenne, WY - Doug saves a women's life. It was our longest day of driving and we were thankful to make it Cheyenne. It was interesting to see the red rocks in Utah. I've seen them before, but it never gets old. As night fell we hit thick fog close to Cheyenne, so it was slow going for the last hour.
Day 3: Cheyenne, WY to Topeka, KS - After being on the road for a few hours a car zoomed pass me. I moved back into his lane and within minutes I saw the hood of his car flying through the air towards me. I didn't have to make any drastic maneuvers because it hit the road about 15-20 yards in front of me, but it was a bit unnerving nonetheless. Driving through Denver was breathtaking. I didn't want to take my eyes off of the Rocky Mountains. I'm not sure there is anything more amazing to see. At one point, when we were heading east, I looked in my rear view mirror and could see the mountains in all their glory. I knew that would be the last glorious thing I would see because the rest of the day was flat and boring.
Day 4: Topeka, KS to Belleville, IL - The further we drove east the prettier it got. We were so excited once we crossed the Mississippi River and arrived to our new home. We were more than ready to get out of the car even though it was our shortest day of driving. The only thing we did that day was unpack the cars and made the beds so we could sleep there that night.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you go!! Catching up for sure.

    I have seen the Rocky Mountains once when I went to Glacier National Park in High School - I will never forget that beautifu place. And Leroy and I went to Arches National Park in Utah before Erica was born - I would so go there again!!!

    And look at that grown up Jacob - big ole smiles...

    ReplyDelete